Nintendo Wiis are only able to get internet access over a wired connection and are unable to connect over a wireless connection. Since the Wii does not come with an ethernet port built in, you will have to purchase a wired LAN adapter. The wired LAN adapter is currently available for purchase through the Nintendo store, located here. Before trying to register, make sure ththat you have an ethernet cord connecting your Wii to the port in your room.
1. From the home screen, select the Wii button in the lower left hand corner.
2. Select Wii Settings.
3. Select the right arrow to advance to the 2nd set of settings and select the Internet option.
4. Select the Console Information option.
5. The MAC address will be listed under LAN Adapter MAC Address.
LAN Adapter MAC of 00-00-00-00-00-00
If you get an all 0 MAC address, try these steps to get it connected:
1. Plug the LAN adapter into a computer running Windows. Windows will then install the drivers for the adapter automatically.
2. Connect to the internet through the LAN adapter (make sure another ethernet cable isn't plugged in and that you aren't connected to the wireless).
3. Open your browser and register like you would a computer (make sure you put Wii as the device description).
4. Plug the LAN adapter back into the Wii and run a Connection Test.
5. It should be connected!
NOTE: If you are still getting all 0's, you may have a bad LAN adapter. You could send it in to the company who made it to be looked at or get a new one. We suggest only buying from Nintendo, as the off-brand ones seem to not be very reliable. For further help, you can go to Nintendo's site here.