Playstation 4 systems are able to access UNI's internet access via a wired connection and and are unable to connect over a wireless connection. Before trying to setup your device for a wired connection, ensure that you have an ethernet cord connecting your Playstation 4 to the data port located in your dorm room.
1. Turn on your Playstation 4 without any disk in the drive and wait for the menu to pop up.
2. Navigate to the "Settings" icon (located on the far left).
3. Select the "System" icon under the Settings menu.
4. Select “System Information."
5. You will see your MAC address listed on this screen, containing letters and numbers in the format xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx. Write down your MAC address (LAN cable).
6. Now that you have recorded your Playstation 4 MAC Address (LAN Cable), you need to register your device with UNI ResNet on a device with internet access. For instructions on registering your device, see our Manual Registration instruction page. Ensure that you enter the MAC Address (LAN Cable) correctly to ensure you receive access promptly. Enter the device description as a Playstation 4 and finishing registering your device. You will then have access to the network!