Find Your Device's MAC Address
Note: Your computer may contain a wireless network card as well as a wired network card, or contain multiple network cards. When looking for the computer's MAC address, be sure to find the MAC address associated with the network card you wish to use. If you are connecting through Wi-Fi, you must use the MAC address associated with the wireless network card, and users plugged in through ethernet cable require their wired MAC address.
Windows Vista / 7
- Click on Start and open Control Panel
- Select Network and Internet and then Network and Sharing Center
- Select Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection (which ever one you are connected to)
4. In the window that pops up, click Details. Your MAC Address will be in the third line labeled Physical Address.
- Click on Start
- Click on Run...
- Type in cmd and press Enter
- Type ipconfig/all and press Enter
- For ethernet information, find the line that says Local Area Connection. For Wireless information, find the line that says Wireless LAN adapter (there may be multiple Wireless LAN adapter connections, but the MAC address will be the same for all of them).
- The MAC address is across from the Physical Address.
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard.
- Type in 'cmd.' This will launch the command prompt, a black screen.
- Type 'ipconfig/all.'
- Your MAC address will be listed to the right on the line titled 'Physical Address.'
MAC OS X 10.9
- From the Apple Menu, select System Preferences
- Click on Network
- Click on the connection you wish to find the MAC address on the left and click Advanced.
- Click on the Hardware tab that appears on the right.
- The MAC address will be listed on the top of that screen.
Linux 10.10.X or Newer
- Right click on the network arrow's and select Edit Connections...
- In the Network Connections, click on your Ethernet adapter so it's orange and select "Edit..."
- The Device MAC address shows the MAC address
*For Android version 3, the MAC Address can be found in the settings under Wireless and Network, then Wi-Fi Settings.
Version 2.3.6 / Version 4
For brand specific instructions, search brand websites for device manuals or contact customer support.
For other devices please view the user manual or the brand's website for instructions.