Personal Training Course Information
Recreation Services (RS) is offering a personal training instructor course.
This instructor course is offered to students who are interested in becoming a personal trainer at the Wellness and Recreation Center. What an awesome way to gain work experience!!
This ten-week, intensive class covers exercise physiology, anatomy, biomechanics, hands-on practical training, exercise programming, motivation, and coaching techniques. Must commit to two semesters after completing the training program to personal train at UNI Recreation Services.
Dates and Registration
- Informational Meeting: Wednesday Sept. 7, 3:00pm, WRC 252
- Class Begins: Monday Sept. 12, 3:00pm, WRC 252
- Training: Sept. 12 — Nov. 18
- Mondays & Wednesdays, 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Fridays, 3:00pm - 4:30pm
$120.00 plus course materials (optional)
- Proof of current CPR Pro, AED and First Aid certifications.
- Required attendance (both lecture and lab days) is 9 out of the 10 weeks of the course.
- Passing grades on weekly quizzes and both written and practical exams.
- Two-semester time commitment upon completion on the course.
- Passing grade is 80% or higher.
- Maximum enrollment of 25 UNI students
For more information
Please contact Dana Foster, Instructional Fitness, at (319) 273-5859.