Now is the time to nominate YOUR choice for the Regents Staff Excellence Awards!
Go directly to the nomination form
Regents Staff Excellence Awards are presented annually to those P&S employees from Regents institutions who have made outstanding professional contributions during their careers. All winners will receive a recognition certificate and will be recognized at the Meet the Pres event this fall. Please take a moment to nominate someone you feel deserves this honor.
Nominations for the 2014 award are due April 25, 2014.
Self-nominations are not accepted. Any Regent employee (at any Regent institution and of any classification) may nominate a P&S employee for this award. Candidates must have been employed at least halftime for a minimum of five years as a P&S staff member at the University. Nominations must be for a single individual — we do not accept nominations for a team of employees.
When considering someone as a nominee, please keep the following in mind:
- The definition of excellence should be in reference to the nominee's professional responsibilities in their position at UNI — not necessarily based on the volunteer work and other activities at UNI.
- The award ultimately determines the meaning of excellence; therefore it is imperative that much thought and consideration be given to each nomination.
- Quality and excellence of work is valued over years of service.
- The selection committee will check references. Supervisors should be contacted to verify that the recipients are indeed excellent in their work performance.
Selection Committee: The P&S Council Employee Relations Committee is responsible for identifying the selection committee. Voting members of the selection committee will be:
- The current NISG president or designee
- A P&S staff member with 20+ years of service, or a retired P&S staff member
- A past P&S Regent Staff Excellence Award recipient
- A merit staff member with 5+ years of service
- A past Faculty Excellence Award recipient
In the event an individual in a particular category cannot fill one of the positions, the total of five shall be maintained by a second appointee from another category. The committee selects its own chair. Three awards are presented to non-Annual-Appointment P&S employees each year. One award is presented on even years to a P&S employee with an Annual Appointment. One Merit Supervisory and Confidential Employee is recognized in odd years by a separate committee.