down arrowMenu

Support Centers

Where can new students receive support on-campus?


  • Connect with the UNI multicultural community by visiting the Center for Multicultural Education (CME) on the upper level of Maucker Union. Consider signing up for the Gaining Panther Success Mentoring Program coordinated out of the CME, which pairs experienced UNI students with new members of the community.
  • Connect with the UNI international community by visiting the International Services Office, which assists students in their transition to campus from their home countries and in their daily campus activities while they are enrolled. The International Services Office is located on the upper level of Maucker Union.
  • If you are seeking general support, visit the Dean of Students Office. Many resources and types of support are available for students and their families.
  • The Dean of Students Office actively supports Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender students through various forms for outreach. Review resources on the Dean of Students website, and and contact the office directly at 319-273-2332 for more information.
  • If you are living off-campus during your UNI experience, contact the Dean of Students office for information and support specifically designed for off-campus students. Getting connected on campus can be more challenging when you live off-campus, so take advantage of every opportunity to access on-campus organizations, jobs, and other resources.