down arrowMenu


How do I find out more information about UNI and/or apply for admission?

If you are interested in receiving more information about UNI, contact the Office of Admissions. You can set up a campus visit where you will get an opportunity to meet with an Admissions Counselor, go on a campus tour, and eat lunch in one of our fine dining establishments. If you are interested in applying for admission, you can access the application on the Office of Admission's website. Please direct any admission questions to 319-273-2281.



Where do I go to get my technology questions answered?

Information Technology Services can provide assistance with questions about software and computer purchases, password resets, signing up for computer workshops, etc. For support, please call 319-273-5555.



How do I sign up for a meal plan and/or purchase dining dollars?

Meal plans and dining dollars can be purchased or adjusted by contacting the Department of Residence. They may be reached by calling 319-273-2333 or emailing



How do I sign up for housing?

Explore housing options on the Department of Residence's website. UNI offers double rooms, single rooms, and apartment-style suites. You can take virtual room tours and view room dimensions and accommodations. Housing contracts can also be accessed via this website. Please direct questions to the Department of Residence by calling 319-273-3333 or by emailing



How do I pay for college

The Office of Student Financial Aid can assist you in answering questions about how to apply for scholarships and grants. They can also assist you in finding a campus job, filling out your FAFSA, and obtaining loans. Questions can be directed to the office by calling 319-273-2700 or by emailing



How and where do I buy my books

University Book & Supply is located right off of West 23rd Street just across the street from campus. You are able to reserve your textbooks on their website and pick them up the weekend before classes begin. Be sure to have your schedule available to reference your course numbers in your online reservation. You are not required to reserve your textbooks, but it will save time and ensure you that they will be there when you go to purchase them. They can be reached at 319-266-7581 or by emailing



How do I pay my u-bill?

You will receive a monthly email from the Office of Business Operations informing you that your u-bill has been updated and is ready to be paid. You can pay your bill online or go directly to the Cashier's Office in 103 Gilchrist Hall to submit payment.



How do I add or drop a class?

The Office of the Registrar can assist you in adding and dropping courses, preparing for graduation, and mailing out transcripts, just to name a few of the services they provide. In order to add or drop a course, you must visit them at 115 Gilchrist Hall and fill out an add/drop slip to be signed and approved by your academic advisor.



What if I don't know what I want to major in?

Over half of incoming students are Deciding majors. The Office of Academic Advising is available to assist you in matching up your strengths and interests with a major that will be right for you. Stop in to 102 Gilchrist Hall or call 319-273-3406 to set up an appointment with an Academic Advisor.



How do I sign up for direct deposit?

If you have a campus job and want your paychecks deposited into your bank account, you can sign up for Direct Deposit. The Office of Business Operations can assist you in signing up. Stop in to visit them in 103 Gilchrist or fill out the Direct Deposit form located on their website.



Where do I park at UNI?

Parking at UNI is determined by where you live. Whether you live on or off-campus, parking passes can be purchased through the Office of Public Safety. You must either have a sticker in the front window of your vehicle or a hangtag hanging from your rearview mirror to be able to park on campus.



What is MyUNIverse?

MyUNIverse functions as a gateway to University resources. Students log in to the system using their CatID and password. Upon login, students can access their course schedules, grades, individual financial aid package information, and many other individualized resources. Online support is provided to assist students who have questions or who need help navigating the system.



What is eLearning?

eLearning is an online learning system that provides assistance to faculty and staff in communicating with students. Courses can be taught solely online, or the system can be used to assist faculty in providing classroom handouts, announcements, discussions, and grading to students. Online support is provided for first-time users.