|Unless There's Consent - Sexual Assault Prevention|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
What is Student Success™
- Student Success™ is an online sexual assault prevent program that teaches students about sexual misconduct and interpersonal violence (including sexual violence, harassment, stalking, and dating violence). Student Success™ has been recommended by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Violence Against Women, as an effective orientation program for new college students.
Why do I need to take a course about sexual misconduct?
- The University of Northern Iowa strives to create a respectful, safe, and non-threatening environment for students, faculty and staff.
- So that you will understand the types of behaviors that constitute sexual misconduct and interpersonal violence.
- According to the U.S Department of Justice, college freshman and sophomores are at the highest risk of being sexually assaulted.
Who is required to take Student Success™
- All new, incoming undergraduate students are required to complete Student Success™. Students beginning coursework in spring 2015 must complete the program by February 15,2014 to aviod a course registration hold for the following term.
ALL STUDENTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE PROGRAM BY FEBRUARY 15, 2015 WILL BE ENTERED INTO A PRIZE DRAWING! GRAND PROZE = 1, $200 AWARDS PAID TOWARD YOUR UBILL; ADDITIONAL PRIZES = 2, $50 DINING DOLLAR CARD WHICH MAY BE USED AT ANY ON-CAMPUS FOOD VENUE.
How long will it take for me to complete the program?
- The pre-test and post-test will take approximately 10 minutes each; the video section will take approximately 90 minutes to watch.
How do I "pass" the online course?
- You must achieve a score of at least 80% on the post-test, or repeat the course until you score 80%, to pass.
Will I have to pay for the course?
- No. Funding for this program is supported by the New Student Programs office and Violence Intervention Services.
How do I access Student Success™?
- Log into MyUNIverse. Click the "Life at UNI" tab. Find the "Student Success" box. Click the link "Go to the online program."
- The first time you click the link to enter the program, you will complete account setup registration for Student Success™. Please note the password that you create for future reference.
- You may log in and out of the program and your place will be saved within the program. Always log back in through the link provided to you via MyUNIverse! When you log back in, you are a "returning user". You will have to use your new UNI e-mail address and the password you created to log back in to the program.
- Check your UNI e-mail account for any updates. Not checking your e-mail is not a valid excuse for failure.
What do I do if I am a student with a disability?
- The University of Northern Iowa prohibits discrimination in educational programs on the basis of disability. If you require an accommdation in order to participate in this educational program, please contact UNI Student Success™ Coordinator at (319) 273-3423.
Who do I contact if I have other questions?
- Mark Rowe-Barth, UNI Student Success™ Coordinator: (319) 273-3423, firstname.lastname@example.org