CLASS: Beginning Violin or Viola
Session I & II: Teacher: Mary Grey
Session III: Group teacher: Mary Grey, Individual teachers to be announced.
RECOMMENDED AGES: 4 - 7
SESSION I: Parent Education and Orientation (1 meeting)
This session will introduce the Suzuki philosophy, first year expectations and what the UNI Suzuki School has to offer.
- January 6, 2014
- 6:00 - 8:00
SESSION II: Parent and child together (5 meetings)
These pre-instrument sessions will introduce beginning techniques, group ettiquette, and early musical concepts.
- January 9, 13, 16, 23 and 27
- 6:00 - 7:00
SESSION III: Weekly Individual and Group lessons (14 weeks of individual group lessons and group meetings and 1 week of performance class and solo preparation)
Children will be sized for instruments, start their individual lessons and continue with their group lessons.
- January 27 - May 24, 2014
- Weekly group lessons will continue at 6:00 - 6:30 on Thursdays
- Individual lesson time will be assigned based on registration form information.
All sessions will be held in Russell Hall at the University of Northern Iowa
- Registration fee is $75 and should be included with the registration form
- Instructional fee (includes Session I, II and III) $540. See the fees page for payment options and policy.
- Enrollment commitment is expected for at least all of Session I and II. Once an individual lesson assignment has been finalized (January 27) enrollment and payment is expected for the remainder of the semester.
A minimum enrollment is required for the class to be held. Confirmation will be sent via email prior to January 1, 2014.