Beginning Class (violin/viola
CLASS for Beginning Violin or Viola details for fall 2014 have not been determined. Please check back. Registration forms will be due later this summer.
LAST YEAR'S winter start SESSIONS:
Session I & II: Teacher: Mary Grey
Session III: Group teacher: Mary Grey, Individual teachers to be announced.
RECOMMENDED AGES: 4 - 7
SESSION I: Parent Education and Orientation (1 meeting)
This session will introduce the Suzuki philosophy, first year expectations and what the UNI Suzuki School has to offer.
- January 13, 2014
- 6:00 - 8:00
SESSION II: Parent and child together (5 meetings)
These pre-instrument sessions will introduce beginning techniques, group ettiquette, and early musical concepts.
- January 16, February 3, 6, 10, 13
- 6:00 - 7:00
SESSION III: Weekly Individual and Group lessons (14 weeks of individual lessons and group meetings and 1 week of performance class and solo preparation)
Children will be sized for instruments, start their individual lessons and continue with their group lessons.
- Beginning the week of Feb. 17.
- Weekly group lessons will continue at 6:00 - 6:30 on Thursdays only starting Feb. 20
- Individual lesson time will be assigned based on registration form information.
All sessions will be held in Russell Hall at the University of Northern Iowa
- Registration fee is $75 and should be included with the registration form
- Instructional fee (includes Session I, II and III) $540. See the fees page for payment options and policy.
- Enrollment commitment is expected for at least all of Session I and II. Once an individual lesson assignment has been finalized (February 13) enrollment and payment is expected for the remainder of the semester.
A minimum enrollment is required for the class to be held. Confirmation will be sent via email prior to January 1, 2014.