Beginning Class (violin/viola)
Fall, 2014 Beginner Class for Violin and Viola
Teachers: Holly Schult and Mary Grey
Location: Russell Hall at UNI --room to be announced.
Ages^: 3 - 6
- I.Group-*Parents only 6:00 - 8:00 pm: August 11, 14, and 18 (required)
- II.Group-**Parents with students 6:00 - 7:00 pm: August 21, 25, 28 (required)
- III. ***Weekly Individual lessons begin the week of August 25, 2014 and continue through May 23, 2015. Weekly group begins on September 4, 2014 and continues weekly from 6:00 - 6:30 on Thursdays.
Cost and Obligations:
- Session I & II--$102 payable to UNI Suzuki with registration form by August 1.
- Session III--$1,064 +$125 registration fee, payable to UNI Suzuki. See here for payment options.
- Parking fee (August 2014 - August 2015) $31.20 payable to UNI. See here for parking information.
- School enrollment and other policies, see here.
- Registration by August 1 is preferred. Registrations received after the class begins will be put on the list for January class.
*Parent sessions include instrument training, an introduction to the Suzuki method of instruction, a discussion of expectations and offer other helpful tips for parents.
**Parent and student sessions introduce group routine and expectations, instrument basics and pre-instrument musical activities. No instrument is needed for these early sessions. Students will be sized for an instrument and parents will be offered the opportunity to rent a full-sized one for home practice.
***The regular routine for the UNI Suzuki School is a weekly individual and weekly group lesson. Each is 30 minutes. Individual lesson scheduling will be based on the information each registrant provides on their registration forms. Group lesson time is set at 6:00 on Thursdays. Group meets each of the weeks the school is in session except special events weeks during the school year and not during the summer.
^Students must be potty trained, able to follow instructions from an adult other than their parents, and be respectful of others in a group environment. Generally speaking, if child has been successful in an organized preschool or daycare, they are prepared to start Suzuki lessons.