Financial assistance available (return to forms listing for link to application)
Sliding scale instructional fee assistance
Determined by financial assistance request info from applicants received by July 15 of each year, amount of funds available and number of requests received.
Does not apply to General Activity Fee or Registration Fee or Parking Fee
Cannot be applied to lesson fees with School of Music faculty
Limited amount available for first year students
Instrument rent of UNI Suzuki School instruments
Free rent to those who qualify above
Free rent to those who show need during the year
May be awarded to first year students
Applicable only if an instrument is available at the time of the request.
- Must be a Waterloo resident
- Must show financial need (qualify for reduced price lunch program)
- Must participate in their school orchestra or band as soon as they are old enough
- Does not includes Registration Fee, General Activity Fee or Parking
- May include up to 100% coverage of instructional fees
- May go to first year students.
Merit Scholarships (not available every year)
- One given each year, partial scholarship, determined by teacher recommendation
- Family does not have to request this, it is a teacher initiated request.
- Family does not have to show financial need.
- Does not apply to Registration Fee, General Activity Fee or Parking fee
Specific Instrument Scholarships
Available only when a donor contributes funds and specifies instrument.
Teacher or family can initiate request. Either must be in writing.
Does not apply to Registration fees, General Activity Fee or Parking fee
Multiple student discount
4th student enrolled in the school -1/2 off instructional fees
5th and subsequent siblings enrolled - no charge
Does not apply to Registration Fees or General Activity Fee or Parking fee
Family does not have to show financial need.
Family does not have to formally apply for this.
Only applies to students enrolled in both individual and group lessons
Does not apply to adult lessons fees.
Scholarships are determined before the beginning of the fall semester, if possible. All money available at that time is awarded.
Money available is generated from several sources: The Parke Behn Memorial Scholarship Program (interest from our UNI Foundation Endowment, special UNI Suzuki School/UNI Foundation accounts, UNI Suzuki Association, and money generated by instrument rent and donations) and funds raised by the Center City Arts Committee of the NE Iowa Community Foundation for MusicWorks.