Graduate Music Student Responsibilities
It should be emphasized that each student has an obligation to become fully acquainted with all policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to graduate study, both with respect to statements that appear in the Graduate Handbook, as well as those in other university publications. It is also incumbent upon each student to maintain communication with the Associate Director for Graduate Studies in Music as appropriate and to facilitate normal, regular progress toward completion of the degree or other appropriate objectives.
Specifically, it is each student's obligation to:
- Comply with all written policies, procedures, and regulations governing graduate study.
- Meet with the Associate Director for Graduate Studies in Music for advising prior to each registration. Advising generally occurs during the first week of November and the first week of April.
- Make reasonable progress toward completion of minimum degree requirements and be responsible for time limitations imposed by the Graduate College.
- Complete degree requirements as stated in the University Catalog-Bulletin.
- Complete the Application for Graduation Form in accordance with published deadlines.
All students should obtain copies of the following university publications:
- University Catalog-Bulletin available from the Registrar's office and online
- Graduate College Policies and Procedures http://www.grad.uni.edu/graduate-college/policies-procedures
- Graduate College Thesis and Dissertation Manual available from the Graduate College http://www.grad.uni.edu/thesis-dissertation