The materials and links on this page are for UNI School of Music faculty to utilize as resources. Please contact the administration if you have any questions. Note: this page is a "work-in-progress".
Scheduling and Event Resources
- Scheduling Request Form
- Setup Details Form
- Publicity/Performance Details Form
- Great Hall Setup Form .PDF ( requires Adobe Reader) - Required for Great Hall Events
- Reservation Schedule - GBPAC & Russell Hall .PDF
- Harpsichord use policy .PDF
- Prospective Student Inquiry - Online Form ; Prospective Student Inquiry - PDF
- Visit Details - Online Form ; Visit Details - PDF
- Additional Recruiting Info - Online Form ; Additional Recruiting Info - PDF
Additional Resources (alphabetical)
- Accreditation Resources --
- Adjunct Accompanying Policies --
To view the current policy click here.
Blank Student Information Form/Class List--
By-Laws of the Faculty--
To view the current list of School of Music committee membership click here.
- Grants & Awards --
College of Humanities Arts & Sciences: http://www.uni.edu/chas/faculty/grants-awards
Graduate College: http://www.grad.uni.edu/Awards%20and%20Funding%20Opportunities
Hearing Health --
- To view the NASM information sheet on hearing healthy, click here.
- IAF-Intercollegiate Academics Fund -- a yearly allocation of Student Activity Fee monies which exists to promote and support intercollegiate academic experiences for UNI students. The fund is designed in particular to encourage individual students and student groups with direct links to academic programs and departmetns to participate in academic competitions and conference presentations at state, regional, national and international levels. http://www.uni.edu/vpaa/iaf/TravelFundGuidelines.shtml
- Logo, School of Music --
Black and White
- Mailing Lists, Electronic Class Based -- http://www.uni.edu/its/ns/mailserv/classes.shtml
- Master Agreement -- 2011-2013, between the Board of Regents, State of Iowa and the UNI-United Faculty. http://www.uni.edu/vpaa/11-13facultycontract/1.shtml
Naxos Music Library -
To access this resource while on campus, click here.
To access this resource from off campus:
1. Start from the Rod Library Homepage at: http://www.library.uni.edu/
2. Click on the purple tab labeled "Books and More"
3. Do a title search for Naxos Music Library
4. Click on the appropriate link for either Naxos Music Library or Naxos Music Library Jazz
5. Enter your last name and then your CAT ID (do not enter your ID number). CAT ID is the password you use for UNI email.
Do not attempt to access Naxos from off campus via a web search from a browser such as Google or Yahoo. The proxy server will only recognize IP addresses from the library server.
Safety, Emergency Communication Plan --
To view the current list of School of Music emergency communication producedures click here.
Safety, Violence Incident Defense Strategies --
To learn more about V.I.D.S. training and strategies for responding to violent incidents in the classroom, click here.
Student Outcomes Assessment Plan - Undergraduate --
- Student Outcomes Assessment Plan - Graduate --
To view this document, click here.
- Syllabus -- Faculty members are required to distribute syllabi to students enrolled in their classes. A copy should also be turned in to the Music Office. A required statement should be included regarding students with disabilities. This is the department's standard statement: "The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) provides protection from the illegal discrimination for qualified individuals with disabilities. Students requesting instructional accommodations due to disabilities must arrange for such accommodation through the Office of Disability Services. The ODS is located at 103 Student Health Center. The phone is: 273-2676 (voice) 273-3011 (TTY); Email: disability email@example.com"
The university recommends the following two statements also be included in all syllabi: "Disruptive behaviors in the classroom will not be tolerated. Students may be reported to the Director of the School of Music, Dean of Students or UNI Police for possible disciplinary action(s). Cell phones should be set to the silent mode or vibration mode while in class."
- Travel Authorization Form --
To view this document click here.
Tuition & Fees --
- Who Does What in the School of Music --
A brief list of which support staff member will be able to help you with your needs. To view this document, click here.
To view this document, click here.