Due March 25
Just write your answers on a paper, along with your name, and turn that in.
- The thickest/densest atmosphere amongst the terrestrial planets is found on the planet ____________________ and is composed primarily of _________________________.
(two answers required)
- The _________________________ is located near Mars' equator and has on top of it you would find several large volcanoes.
- What material creates this object's magnetic field?
- _________________________ is the name of the large impact feature seen on Mercury.
- The upper layer of the Earth's mantle that helps to move the crust around is known as the ________________________.
- When Pluto is near perihelion an atmosphere composed of ____________ and ____________ forms (two answers required).
- ____________________ was the asteroid that flew past the earth on February 2015, 2013.
- A __________________ was seen in the sky above Russia on the same day as given above.
- The terrestrial planet with the most moons is _____________.
- The dirty snowball model is used as a model for the physical structure of _____________.
- The most commonly observed landform on Venus is known as ____________________________.
- Widmanstatten patterns are found in ___________ meteorites.
- What are the two main elements that this planet is comprised of?
- What element produces the different colors that are seen on this object?
- Which satellite has a thick nitrogen atmosphere and methane in different forms (solid, liquid, gas) on its surface?
- Long period comets are believed to originate in the ________________.
- ____________________ is the largest satellite in the solar system.