Policies and Procedures
Union | Table
of Contents | Index
500. SOLICITATION POLICY AND DISTRIBUTION OF LITERATURE
In an effort to promote a comfortable, student centered, educationally focused community,
representatives, sales persons or agents of any cause, organization or product are prohibited from
active solicitation within Maucker Union. This includes activities such as public speaking,
distribution of literature and any activities that interfere with the normal operations of the
facility. Maucker Union reserves the right to arrange a suitable location, appropriate time and
manner by which information may be distributed.
501. Persons not complying with this policy shall be
requested by staff members or UNI Police officers to cease their activities
immediately and may be given options for a suitable location, time and
manner for the conduct of their activities.
502. Individuals soliciting and/or distributing information outside Maucker Union
must not block building entrances.
503. Recognized university groups are to utilize corridor/information
tables to distribute literature, conduct surveys, and petitions in Maucker
Union. (See section # 607 - Information Tables)
504. Arrangements for distribution of publications of student or on-campus
organizations may be made at the Administrative Office.
505. The distribution of publications by off-campus organizations is prohibited
unless approved by the Maucker Union Advisory Board.