Quick Reference Guide for Windows
Quick Reference Guide
How to create a Calendar meeting
1) Logon to calendar
2) Click on the Icon circled below to create a new meeting
3) New Meeting screen will show a Title and location in the upper
portion of the screen.
a) Title put in a short subject, for a class, the name of the class
b) Location Building and room number
a) Date - is the first date of the meeting or class
b) Start time – when is the meeting or class to start
c) End time – when is the meeting or class over
d) Duration – this will show the length of the meeting or class
5) At this point clicking OK will create a basic meeting. For additional
features such as making the meeting repeating, tying a resource
such as a classroom to a meeting, and checking for meeting
conflicts. Please continue
6) To add additional people or resources (classrooms) click on the spy
glass circled above
7) To add people to the meeting Type in their Surname (Last name)
and click on Search. In the bottom left window a list of all
matches will be seen. Select the correct person by clicking once
on the name then move it to the right window by clicking on the
ADD button. Once all the individuals are added click the OK
8) To add a Resource, such as room, click on the Resource tab. In
the Resource Name type in the first few characters of the
resource. These are setup with either the building abbreviation,
such as RSL for Russell or the department identifier, such as ITS.
Click on Search to activate the selection. The search results will
be listed in the left side window. Select one by clicking once on it
then press the add button to move it to the right window. Then
9) The New Meeting will return with the people and resources added
below your name. If this is not to a repeating meeting press OK,
these people and resources will have this meeting added to their
10) To add additional dates that are not sequenced press Add Date
button and select the date from the calendar that appears.
11) To add repeating dates click on the Repeating button
a) Screen below will show
b) Set the frequency, Default is weekly
1.) If this happens every week leave “1” in weeks, if every
other week then place in this cell.
2.) Check which days of the week this meeting occurs
c) On Start dates place the starting date
d) Either place an End date or how many weeks this meeting is
to be repeated
e) Holidays will not be included in the listing unless the box is
f) Click “OK” once the dates are generated
12) Conflicts should be checked by clicking in the “Check Conflicts”
13) Conflicts will be shown with a RED “X” on the meeting line as
14) To find out the nature of the conflict click on the RED “X” to see
the below screen.
a) Left side tells the Resource/Individual that as the conflict.
b) Right side shows the title that is the conflict.
c) Click “OK” to clear window
NOTE: When scheduling individual calendars conflicts can exists
(double appoints or overlapping ones); however, Resources can
not have conflicts (calendar does not allow overlap booking of
rooms and equipment)
15) Click “OK”, the repeating meeting will be placed in the appropriate
calendars and the system will ask if you need a email notification
needs to be sent.