The name of this committee shall be the Student Computing Advisory Committee.
The charge of this committee shall be to advise the Associate Vice President for Information Technology concerning student computing at UNI.
SECTION 1 The membership of this committee shall be 11 voting members and five Ex-Officio nonvoting members.
- The term of office shall be August 15 to August 14.
- The Chairperson has the authority to modify member start and termination dates to ensure a staggering of termination dates of the committee membership.
- All voting members must be at least half-time students.
SECTION 2 Voting Members
- Two Year Term: One student shall be appointed by each of the five colleges. One student shall be appointed by the Graduate College. One student shall be appointed by the Library. One student shall be appointed by Information Technology Services.
- One Year Term: Three additional students at large shall be appointed by the NISG.
SECTION 3 Ex-Officio Non-Voting Members
- The Information Technology User Services Director, the Information Technology User Services Specialist responsible for the operations of the ITS Student Computer Centers.
- One representative appointed by the Vice President and Provost, one representative appointed by the Vice President for Educational and Student Services, one representative appointed by the Vice President for Administration and Finance. These appointments may be replaced at any time by their appointing authority.
- Ex-Officio members serve indefinite terms.
SECTION 4 Elections: A Chairperson shall be elected among the voting members by a simple majority at the first fall meeting annually.
SECTION 5 Any member desiring to resign from the committee shall submit their resignation in writing to the appointing authority with a copy to the Chairperson of the committee who shall present it to the committee.
SECTION 6 If a voting member is going to be absent, they are encouraged to appoint a proxy and notify the Chairperson.
SECTION 7 If a voting member misses three consecutive meetings without a proxy, their seat may be declared vacant by the Chairperson.
SECTION 8 Upon term expiration or resignation of a member, a letter shall be sent by the Chairperson or an Ex-Officio to the appointing official for a reappointment or new appointment.
SECTION 1 The officers of the committee shall be the Chairperson and the Chairperson protem.
- Chairperson's duties shall include calling all meetings, preparing the meeting agenda, representing the committee in any official capacities and overseeing committee membership.
- Chairperson protem shall be appointed by the Chairperson. The Chairperson protem will assume the duties of the Chairperson in absence of the same.
SECTION 2 The Secretary shall be appointed by the Chairperson.
- Secretary's duties shall include taking minutes of all meetings, distributing minutes to members, keeping a record of committee recommendations and maintaining a role/address list of all members.
SECTION 1 The committee shall meet monthly, with the exception of January, at a designated time and place and otherwise as necessary.
SECTION 2 A simple majority of voting members shall constitute a quorum.
SECTION 3 Proxies may vote.
Amendment of Bylaws
These bylaws may be amended at any regular meeting of the committee by a two-thirds vote of voting members present, provided that the amendment has been submitted in writing at the previous regular meeting.