At least one representative from each student organization will be to attend one of the Student Organization Registration Meetings. During the meetings, student organizations will update their information/rosters and be provided with resources and helpful information from the Northern Iowa Student Government and the Student Involvement Center staff. Registration of student organizations is an ANNUAL process and must be completed each school year. It is important to register your organization through the Student Involvement Center because it provides certain privileges to registered student organizations in good standing. These privileges include:
· Use of university facilities, equipment, and services
· Apply for funding from Northern Iowa Student Government (NISG)
· Be included in university/student publications listing recognized student organizations
· Sponsor fundraising activities
· Use the university name and logos with approval from the university
· Be eligible for awards and honors presented to student organizations and their members
· Display flyers, posters, and banners on campus
· Link your organization's webpage to the UNI and Student Involvement Center webpages
· Apply for a mail box, desk space and/or storage space in the Student Organization Center, located in Maucker Union
**Your group can access these privileges ONLY after being recognized as a student organization and by following the policies and procedures of the University of Northern Iowa, as outlined in the Student Organization handbook.**
There are two things that need to be completed to register for the Student Organization Information Meetings:
· Complete the Student Organization Registration form and bring it to the Student Organization Information Meeting. This form will be sent to your organization contact after you have registered.
· Complete the registration below to reserve a spot at one of the Student Organization Information Meeting times.