Everyone has 5 minutes to give!
Stop & Serve, a new event offered by the Service and Leadership Council, provides brief, on-campus volunteer opportunities. Students have the opportunity to work on service projects focused on a variety of social issues in the community, region, and nation.
Students are welcome to stop and serve for however long they have to give. There is no time commitment required. All projects are easy and fun,
so bring some friends, enjoy free treats, and do some good for your community!
Examples of Stop & Serve Projects:
Making"no-sew" fleece blankets for Stork's Nest
Making sock monkeys for kids at U of I Children's Hospital
Decorating deliverable care packages for Operation Gratitude
Creating paracord survival bracelets for deployed troops
Writing and decorating cards for nursing homes
Spring 2015 Stop & Serve Dates:
*All events are11:00am-2:00pm in Maucker Union next to Chat's (unless otherwise stated)
- Wednesday, January 28 - Project: Art for El Salvador Painting
- Monday, February 9 - Project: Valentines for Veterans
- Wednesday, March 11 - Project: Make bookmarks for Boys & Girls Club
- Wednesday, March 25 - Project: Decorate bunny door hangers for Country View Assisted Living
- Wednesday, April 15 - Project: Plant grass cups for kids/seniors & make dog toys for Humane Society
- Tuesday, April 28 - Project: Maike tissue paper flowers for local hospital patients
Have a service project that would be great for Stop & Serve? Contact us at email@example.com