- Notify the Registrar's office of any change in your address as soon as it has occurred. You may do this in person by visiting the Registrar's office in 227 Gilchrist Hall, or by using the electronic form available at MyUniverse.
- Notify International Services after each address change too.
- Remain a full-time student, or discuss any underenrollment BEFORE the semester begins.
- 12 or more credit hours are full-time for undergraduate students
- 9 or more credit hours are full-time for graduate students
- CIEP Students should contact Phil Plourde or the CIEP office staff if they have questions about full-time CIEP enrollment or enrollment in part-CIEP and part-credit bearing courses.Remain a full-time student, or discuss any underenrollment BEFORE the semester begins.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months into the future. If it will expire soon, International Services will help you find out how to renew your passport with the assistance of your country's embassy or designated consular office in the U.S.
- Check your @uni.edu e-mail account regularly.
- Never work off-campus without first talking to the International Student Advisor.
- Remember that you have the right to be employed on-campus for up to 20 hours per week during academic semesters and full-time between semesters and over the summer vacation.
- You must speak with the International Student Advisor if you are taking a course that requires an off-campus internship, or if an internship or similar work project is a required part of your degree program. Do this before the semester when this internship is scheduled to take place.
Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services main directory of forms, including current application fees
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
U.S. DHS Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
U.S. DHS Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
ICE SEVIS Information Page
U.S. Department of State
U.S. Department of State Director of Embassies and Consulates around the world
U.S. Social Security Administration
Directory of Foreign Embassies/Consulated in the U.S.