Living Off Campus

Cedar Falls and Waterloo have many apartment, condo and townhouse options for those who prefer to live off-campus. Students interested in living off campus are responsible for arranging their own housing.

For more information on off-campus housing options, visit: 

Northern Iowa Student Government’s apartment listing 

Local newspaper online 





Renter's insurance is insurance that pays for your or others’ personal property if it is damaged or stolen. Renter’s insurance can cover losses due to theft, vandalism, damage from explosions, water damage, fire and smoke damage, and much more whether you are at fault or not.

For information about renter's insurance, visit:






Links to websites and telephone numbers are provided for informational purposes only and are not an endorsement by the International Students and Scholars Office.