Reaching for Higher Ground
The mission of the Reaching for Higher Ground project is to better understand a variety of complex topics through the lenses of social justice, education and economics.
- Civil discourse
- Diverse views
- Scholarly analysis, thoughtful reflection and the development of critical thinking skills
- Individual voices and the sharing of life experiences, which are critical to understanding the world in which we live
The goals of the Reaching for Higher Ground project are to:
- Examine the project's main theme through the lenses of social justice, education and economics.
- Create an appetite and capacity for civil discourse.
- Engage the campus community and community at large in a multi-disciplinary discussion of a complex issue.
- Build a stronger campus community, one more accepting of difference.
- As appropriate, take a statewide leadership role in the above activities.