Financial Aid Timeline
- Begin searching for scholarships throughout the fall. Conduct your own scholarship search by accessing free online searches. Also, ask any organizations you belong to if they offer scholarships.
- Apply for your FSA ID at here. Both the student and the parents will need an FSA ID when completing the FAFSA electronically.
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. The FAFSA application becomes available on January 1. The UNI School Code is 001890. Complete your FAFSA here.
- University Scholarship Application due by Juanuary 15.
- Some students will be randomly selected to have their FAFSA results verified. If you are chosen to complete the verification process, please submit the requested materials to UNI as soon as possible to not delay the awarding.
- Report any non UNI scholarships to the Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- Initial Financial Aid award sent out to students with complete records via My UNIverse.
- Evaluate how much financial aid will need to be accepted. Accept, reduce or decline the financial aid offered within the Financial Aid award.
- If anticipating a refund, sign up for direct deposit. To learn more about Direct Deposit visit here.
- Begin searching for employment at the UNI Job Board.
- If borrowing student loans for the first time, complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov.
- University Scholarship Application becomes available early July. Complete application for the upcoming school year as soon as possible. UNI Scholarship Application.
- Pay your U-Bill by August 20th. Continue to check your U-Bill each month throughout the school year to ensure that you do not miss any charges.