Welcome to the Office of Compliance and Equity Management
This site is designed to help you locate information on compliance issues, affirmative action efforts and equity management for the campus community. We invite you to browse through this information, and to contact us with your questions.
This office has oversight for all equity and affirmative action issues involving compliance with federal and state laws, as well as Board of Regents and University policies dealing with civil rights issues. Additionally, we work closely with all departments to ensure the University implements a dynamic recruitment strategy for those affected classes under represented in the current workforce.
Ways in which the Office of Compliance and Equity Management serves the University community:
Monitors the University’s recruitment and employment procedures to ensure diversity objectives are met and equal opportunity guidelines are adhered to
Compiles and reviews the University’s statistical analysis and reports concerning the workforce composition of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, including the annual Affirmative Action Plan;
Receives reports and complaints concerning alleged violations of civil rights and works toward resolution through investigation, mediation, and other methods (View our brochure, Erasing Discrimination and Harassment in Our Community, for more information);
- Works to ensure campus-wide compliance with various federal and state laws, executive orders, rules, and regulations, including, but not limited to:
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Executive Order 11246
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- Serves as the University liaison with outside civil rights agencies, including, but not limited to the;
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission (ICRC)
- Office for Civil Rights (U.S. Department of Education)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- Supports, leads, and participates in efforts toward establishing and maintaining a culture which embraces diversity as a core value.