Getting Started with ifolio
was developed by the University of Iowa. Instructional Technology Services(ITS) at UNI is currently working with the University of Iowa to prepare for the use of ifolio here at UNI. Staff from ITS-Educational Technology and the Office of Academic Assessment are preparing to provide ifolio support on campus. ifolio will initially be rolled out on a pilot basis with selected programs for Fall 2011. General Guidelines for the Use of ifolio and Steps for Developing a Program ifolio have been defined and are provided below.
Watch UNI Online for updates and announcements concerning ifolio.
|Director of Academic Assessment
117A ITTC (Innovative Teaching and Technology Center)
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614
|Instructional Designers/Technology Coordinators|
Lori Seawel & Jason Vetter
120 ITTC (Innovative Teaching and Technology Center)
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614
General Guidelines for the Use of ifolio
- Program/department must have explicit program goals, competencies, and/or standards.
- Department Chair(s)/Dean(s)/Director(s) must approve ifolio use.
- Chair(s)/Dean(s)/Director(s) should designate two faculty/staff as Coordinators. The Coordinators will lead ifolio content discussions and decisions within the program/department and serve as contact points for the Assessment Director and Instructional Designers.
Steps for Developing a Program ifolio
- Faculty/staff within program/department meet to agree on or develop program goals/competencies/standards.
- Program ifolio Coordinators meet with the Assessment Director for assistance in determining the design of the ifolio page to best fit department needs and streamline conversations with Instructional Designer.
- Program ifolio Coordinators meet with Instructional Designers, and the Assessment Director as needed, to begin the process of developing the program ifolio.
- Content materials for the ifolio ( e.g., goals/competencies/standards, explanations of assignments, directions for reflections, program/assignment rubrics, etc.) are developed by faculty under the leadership of the program ifolio Coordinators. Content is shared with the Department Chair(s)/Director(s) for approval and then provided to the Instructional Designers.
- Instructional Designers begin development of the Ifolio shell for the program.
- Program ifolio Coordinators communicate with faculty/staff in the program/department to provide updates and review progress on development of the ifolio shell.
- Program ifolio Coordinators present the draft ifolio shell to program faculty/staff, with assistance from the Assessment Director and Instructional Designers as needed.
- Consultations between Coordinators, Instructional Designers, and the Assessment Director continue as needed to get the program ifolio ready for implementation.