Dr. Thomas A. Hockey
Studing the history of planetary astronomy in light of the modern search for planets orbiting other stars as well as the astronomy of solar eclipses and comets, and the archeoastronomy of pre-historic peoples.
- Virginia Trimble, Vicent J. Martinez Garcia, Thomas A. Hockey, 2012. Nor yet the last to lay the old aside, in Człowiek i Wszechświat, ed. B. Wszolek, A. Kuz'mich, and M. Jamrozy.
- Hockey, T. 2012, Acronical Risings and Settings, in Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society. XLIV.
- Hockey, T. 2011, How We See The Sky, University of Chicago Press, ISBN-10:0-226-34577-7.
- Editor-in-Chief, Biographical Encyclopedia of Astronomers, Vols. I & II. Dordrecht (Netherlands): Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2007.
- Hockey, T. 2011, "Cosmology and the Demise of Color Realism" in E. Badolati (ed), Supplement to Second Meeting on Cultural Astronomy, Campobasso, Italy.
- Hockey, T. A. 2010, "Blind Astronomers", Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society. XLIII.
- Hockey, T. and Trimble, V. 2010, "Public reaction to a V=-12.5 supernova", Observatory, CXXX, #3, 167.
- Ruggles, C., et al. 2010, "Commission 41 Working Group on Astronomy and World Heritage", Transactions of the International Astronomical Union, VI, #T27, 267.
- Hockey, T. 2010, "Will the Last Astronomer at the Eyepiece Please Turn the Dome Lights On?", Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, vol. XLII.
Class Links -
Professional Links -
Astronomy Education Review, Editor-in-Chief
Past Chair, Historical Astronomy Division, American Astronomical Society
Biographical Encyclopedia of Astronomers
Meet the Scoundrels of Astronomy
Adler Planetarium Historical Instruments Activity
- DOC file.
A Timeline of Astronomers and Cosmologists
- PDF file. Document is 35" x 35" at full resolution.
The Pluto Debate
|20 Reasons Why Pluto Should Still Be A Planet |
MS Word Version
|20 Reasons Why Pluto Should No Longer Be A Planet|
MS Word Version
Lunar Standstills and Chimney Rock
Report on Rock Art on Rapa Nui (Easter Island)