Support the Department of Earth Science
Three funds have been designated as "high priority" due to the application of those accounts for student research, travel and support. To donate directly to those account just press the button below to go to the secure donation website -
To donate funds to other Earth Science programs follow this link and use the "Other" option to specify the name of the Earth Science fund as the recipient of your gift designation.
You can also specify one of the following scholarship funds for your contribution -
- Alumni Fund (220024) This account is used to provide field trip and field camp scholarships to student participants; cover expenses incurred for the Senior Recognition Banquet; and the alumni newsletter, Earth News. Priority Need
- Wandering Coprolite Fund (330408) Established by Kevin (Geology BA, ’78) and Nancy Prochaska to support student/faculty travel.Priority Need
- Wayne and Jan Anderson Summer Geology Field Camp Fund (212415) Established by Emeritus Professor of Geology and the first Head of the Earth Science Department, Wayne I. Anderson and his wife Jan, to help students defray the cost of attending summer geology field camps.Priority Need
- Larry A. Kelsey Memorial Scholarship (330460) Established by contributions from Larry’s wife, Anne Kelsey, family, friends and colleagues in memory of Larry Kelsey, former Professor of Astronomy at UNI. This scholarship is awarded yearly to an Earth Science student who shows promise in the field of Astronomy.
- Louise Hearst Speer Scholarship (310113) Established by Charles Hearst in memory of his sister to recognize her interest in the earth sciences. This scholarship is awarded yearly to an undergraduate student majoring in the Department of Earth Science. Selection is based on academic ability and financial need.
- Charles J. Hearst Scholarship (330313) A scholarship established in 1983 by Gladys Hearst to honor the memory of her husband, who worked toward a major in earth science at ISTC (UNI). Awarded annually, this scholarship is presented to an undergraduate student majoring with a degree in the Department of Earth Science. Selection is based on academic ability and financial need.
- Jan Harken Scholarship (332143) Established in memory of Jan Harken, who after retiring as Secretary in The Department of Modern Languages at UNI for 24 years, was working on a geology degree as a start to a second career. Her dreams to travel and study fossils never came true; however, this scholarship will help others fulfill their dreams and preserve her memory in the Department. This scholarship is given annually to one or more deserving geology majors.
All donations to the department of Earth Science are greatly appreciated!