This year's update conference has come and gone....thanks to all those that participated - watch here for future opportunities.
2013 Update Conference
The annual Earth Science Update conference is scheduled for Friday April 26, 2013. FREE REGISTRATION FOR EARLY BIRDS! (saves $35) Last day to register is April 3.
- Download Registration form here (PDF file)
Courses with Graduate Credit
The following are some of the courses available to in-service teachers that are offered with graduate credit. Unless otherwise stated the courses are offered on-campus. Some on-campus courses have class size restrictions, and spaces may not be available. For a current list of all of the courses offered on-campus, see the schedule of classes available at the Registrar's website. For courses available through Continuing Education, check their list and search for "Earth Science" under departments. All graduate level courses currently have a number of 5000 or greater.
Summer 2013 Courses
- EARTHSCI 5100 - Fundamentals of Astronomy, 4 credits (can be taken in conjunction with the 6-week May-June term course of EARTHSCI 1100 - Contact Dr. Morgan for details. You don't need to be on campus for this course!)
- EARTHSCI 5200 - Fundamentals of Weather, 3 credits (can be taken on-campus with sections of EARTHSCI 1200 during 4-week June session)
Fall 2013 Courses
- EARTHSCI 5100 - Fundamentals of Astronomy, 4 credits (can be taken on-campus during the times for sections 1, 2, or 3 of EARTHSCI 1100 or online through Continuing Education)
- EARTHSCI 5110 - Observational Astronomy, 2 credits (Tuesday nights starting at 6 PM)
- EARTHSCI 5200 - Fundamentals of Weather, 3 credits (available during on-campus sections of EARTHSCI 1200, or on-line through Continuing Education)
- EARTHSCI 5210 - Meteorology, 4 credits (available during on-campus times for EARTHSCI 3210)
- EARTHSCI 5300 - Fundamentals of Geology, 4 credits (available only on-campus during sections of EARTHSCI 1300)
- EARTHSCI 5325 - Sedimentary Geology, 4 credits (on-campus only, Tuesday & Thursday afternoons)
- EARTHSCI 5330 - Geomorphology, 3 credits (on-campus only, Monday & Wednesday afternoons)
- EARTHSCI 5345 - Environmental Geology, 3 credits (on-campus only, Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons)