Dr. Mohammad Z. Iqbal
- Groundwater flow and subsurface contaminant transport mechanisms
- Impact of agricultural practices on aquatic ecosystems
- Watershed hydrology
- Rai, S., and Iqbal, M. Z., 2014, Using fluorescein and bromide tracers to investigate the role of baseflow in a small suburban watershed in Iowa, USA. Hydrological Processes, DOI: 10.1002/hyp.10143.
- Gautam, S., and Iqbal, M.Z., 2010. Using stable isotopes of nitrogen to study its source and transformation in a heavily farmed watershed. Environmental Earth Sciences, 60:11-20.
- Iqbal, M.Z. and Fields, C.L., 2009. Mapping of accumulated nitrogen in the sediment pore water of a eutrophic lake in Iowa, USA. Environmental Geology, 57:465-475.
- Iqbal, M.Z., 2008. Short-term variability in isotopic composition of precipitation: A case study from the Midwestern United States. Hydrological Processes, 22:4609-4619.
- Iqbal, M.Z. and Chowdhury, S.H., 2007. Using on-campus monitoring wells to enhance student learning in geo-hydrology courses. Journal of Geoscience Education, 55(5):364-370.
- Forest, I., Iqbal, M. Z., and Mercer, D. R., 2006. Reliability of water quality test strips for field measurement of nutrients essential for developing mosquito larvae. American Journal of Undergraduate Research, 5(2):1-8.