Dr. Alan C. Czarnetzki
Professor of Meteorology
Office:Latham 102 and Latham 206A
Ph. D. Meteorology (1992), University of Wisconsin-Madison
M. S. Meteorology (1986), University of Wisconsin-Madison
B. S. Meteorology (1984), University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Middle latitude cyclones (dynamic and synoptic meteorology)
- Thunderstorm phenomena (mesoscale dynamics)
- Air quality
- Meteorological decision support systems that can be used by decision makers, planners, and emergency managers charged with protecting communities in the path of potentially adverse weather.
- Czarnetzki, A. C. and S. K. Newlin, 2011. Atmospheric Structure During Episodes of High PM2.5 Concentration. Proceedings of the Air and Waste Management Associations 104th Annual Conference, Orlando Florida.
- Czarnetzki, A. C., 2009. Air quality activities for the middle and high school science classroom. Proceedings of the 7th Hawaii International Converence on Education, Honolulu Hawaii.
- Czarnetzki, A. C., 2009. Air quality course for science teachers at the University of Northern Iowa. Proceedings of the 18th Symposium on Education, Phoenix Arizona, American Meteorological Society.
- Korotkova, S. A., A. C. Czarnetzki, and K. McCready, 2006. Simulation of Particulate Matter Distribution over Iowa (paper number 2006-2583), Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Chicago Illinois.
- Brooks, D. R., A. C. Czarnetzki, W. Geery, K. Panec, and R. Roettger, 2005. Current Scientist/Teacher Collaborations in Atmospheric Science. Proceedings of the Ninth Annual GLOBE Conference, Prague, Czech Republic.