Move-In Day begins at 8 a.m., Friday, August 23, 2013
Here's a step-by-step list of what to do to get moved in smoothly.
- Park in a lot near your residence hall. (See map)
- Lock the vehicle and head for the hall.
- Remember to bring your ID card with you - you will need this to check in to your room.
- Remember to bring the Emergency Contact Information Form to check in on move-in day.
Follow the signs in your hall to the check-in area, where you will receive the following:
- Room and outside door keys
- Panther Planner
- Room Condition Report
- Other important information
- Go to your room. Confirm that the room key works. (Go back to the check-in area if there is a problem.)
- Locate the nearest outside entrance (so you know where to park to unload).
- If you find a parking spot on the street, please unload and immediately move the vehicle to a nearby parking lot to give others a chance to unload.
Look for a limited number of Move-in Crew members in neon green T-shirts. Volunteers will help you carry things from your vehicle to your room during the following times:
- Thursday: 9 am - 4 pm
- Friday: 9 am - 4 pm
- Saturday: 9 am - 4 pm
- Stop by anytime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Thursday or Friday for complimentary refreshments. They will be located in your hall's lobby area.
- Obtain information about registering for ResNet, UNI's on-campus Internet connection, by visiting the ResNet website (http://www.uni.edu/resnet).