Contract Completion Guide
- You will need your CatID to access the online contract. For questions regarding your CatID, contact the Computer Consulting Center at (319) 273-5555, firstname.lastname@example.org or see CatID FAQ.
- Once logged-in, carefully review your personal information and contact Admissions (link) to correct any errors as necessary. You will also be asked to provide Missing Person Contact Information.
- Students who are under the age of 18 at the time of completing the contract will need to print the required signature page for their parent(s) to sign and return to the UNI Department of Residence, 1501 Redeker Drive, Cedar Falls, IA 50614.
You have the option to select a roommate (or be selected) via Panther Picks. Panther Picks is designed to assist you in finding a compatible roommate based on each other’s Panther Profile. It’s also necessary in order to designate a specific roommate of your choice. In order to request a roommate, both of you must have a contract started. All information captured in your profile remains confidential and will not be shared with a third party.
If you would like to use this feature for roommate selection, you must first complete your Panther Profile (returning students should update their profile). From there, you will need to include yourself in the Panther Picks Preference. To search for a roommate, you can either:
- Browse Matching Roommates – this option provides you with a list of students who best match your Panther Profile. You can view profiles, communicate with potential roommates and request a roommate. Once a roommate has been requested, that person will need to confirm the request.
- Search by Details – this option will allow you to add a specific roommate request. You will do so by entering their date of birth and full first and last name. In order for the roommate match to be made, the requested roommate must also complete this process and both of you will need to confirm each other as roommates.
If you do not participate in Panther Picks, you may be assigned to a roommate through random selection.
New students - you will want to select your top 4 choices of residence hall assignment priorities. Refer to Basic Hall Information (as well as Section III on the Contract) for hall descriptions and a comparison chart. Students requesting to live in academic learning communities, who have declared that major, will have access to select rooms in those communities during room self-selection.
ROTH – ROTH Complex is available to students with 30 or more academic credits plus one year of college experience.
Panther Village – Panther Village is available to students with 60 or more academic credits plus two years of college experience.
Hillside-Jennings – Hillside-Jennings Apartments are available to students who are married (with or without children), single parents with custody of their children, domestic partners, graduate students, veterans, non-traditional (23 years +) and junior/senior transfer students. New students wishing to live in this type of housing should complete an Apartment Application rather than the Housing & Dining Contract. Returning students are able to recontract for their apartment within the Housing & Dining Contract.
View our Meal Plans to determine which plans you are eligible for and of those the one that best fits your needs.
We make every effort to accommodate reasonable housing requests related to disabilities and special health needs. Students wishing to request special accommodations in the residence halls should do so with advance notification by completing the Request for Services Form available through Students with Disabilities Services. The student’s health care professional will need to complete the Evaluator Form.
Wheelchairs - Students who use wheelchairs, or with other physical disabilities, should request Noehren Hall as their top residence hall choice. You will generally be assigned to rooms on the first and second floors, though Noehren Hall has elevator service to all floors. Adjacent dining centers include elevator access.
Air Conditioners – An air conditioner is permitted when documented as a medical necessity by completing the forms mentioned above. The deadline to submit requests is May 1 for fall semester and December 15 for spring semester. Requests received after the deadline may not be accommodated based on room assignment, or room assignment may need to be changed as not all rooms and halls are set up to accommodate a unit. Requests will be reviewed and a written decision will be provided prior to hall opening. There is a yearly fee of $200 for the installation and usage of an air conditioner. Portable air conditioners are not allowed.
Once you have thoroughly read and completed the Housing & Dining Contract, you must agree to the Terms & Conditions specified in the contract. Please note that this contract is for the full academic year (fall and spring semester) unless:
- You are a new resident spring semester.
- You are a student in the Culture and Intensive English Program enrolled for only part of a semester.
- You are signed up for the 2-Year Advantage Plan, which is a contract for two full academic years.
If you wish to make any changes to your contract, you must do so by May 1 for fall semester or December 15 for spring semester by logging back in to your contract. Any changes that need to be made after those dates may need to wait until after classes start. All cancellations of single year contracts must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. Students enrolled in the 2-Year Advantage Plan must come to the Department of Residence office to complete the two-year cancellation form.