down arrowMenu

of Residence



Who can use the ID Card?

Any currently enrolled student, faculty or staff member at the University of Northern Iowa may use their ID card for identification purposes, access to facilities and services, and charging of purchases.

For your protection, only you can use your card.  Misuse of your card will be cause for deactivation.

Can I use my ID Card to charge?

Faculty and staff can charge using their ID Card as long as they have completed the online authorization. Charges will be deducted from their payroll check. Student charges will be billed on their university bill.

What happens if I lose my ID Card?

For your protection, lost cards should be reported immediately. You will be held responsible for any card activity until the card is reported lost or stolen.

Lost card vouchers are issued to enable you to eat meals in the dining center if you have a meal plan. For your protection, lost card vouchers may not be used for credit or dining dollar purchases.

If you find your card, you may have it reactivated in the Department of Residence office Monday through Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm. If you do not find your card, you will need to purchase a new one for $25. You will need a photo ID to obtain a new card.

If I have a non-photo ID card, can I obtain a ID Card?

Photo ID's can be obtained in the Department of Residence office Monday through Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm. Bring your old card to replace it for no charge.

What should I do with my ID Card if I am no longer employed by UNI?

On your last day of work, return your ID Card to your supervisor.

What should I do if I find someone's card?

If you find a card that does not belong to you, please take it to the Department of Residence office in Redeker Center between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Monday through Friday.

What if I have additional questions?

Stop in or call the Department of Residence 273-2333. We are here to answer questions, respond to comments and to serve you!