RA Conference Registration
Registration available through December 21, 2012
|Individual Registration Form|
The conference fee is $90 per person. The fee includes all program sessions; breakfast, lunch and an evening dinner on Saturday; continental breakfast on Sunday; two evenings of fun-filled entertainment; conference packet; on-campus housing; and some fun surprises.
Also, registration fees are non-refundable after December 31, 2012.
We are asking that you list up to twelve delegates (which includes advisors) who want to attend the conference. You may list more delegates in the alternate section, with the understanding that they are in alternate status. You will be notified by January 4, 2013 if we are able to accommodate your alternate delegates. We have set the limit in order to accept people from as many schools as possible.
Every delegate and advisor must complete the Individual Registration form. All forms must be signed and brought to conference check-in on January 25th. To participate in the conference, we must have a completed form on file for each delegate and advisor.
Please mail your payment to the address listed below. It should be postmarked by December 31, 2012 or use this link to make payment online.
All tributes will receive this shirt as part of their registration.
RA Conference Participants will be able to:
- Cultivate their own personal development by presenting a conference session or participating in the case study.
- Identify multiple levels of diversity, including the ongoing development of their identity, and how to create an inclusive community.
- Gain insight into various ways to encourage and educate residents about healthy habits in relation to alcohol/substances, nutrition, stress, fitness, relationships, conflict resolution.
- Form a network of resident assistant (RA) peers.
- Identify and apply strategies in the areas of customer service, community building, motivation, leadership, conflict management, ethics, boundaries, etc.
- Explore and examine current trends and issues that college students face.
- Obtain professional development, insight, and direction if they are considering Student Affairs or related fields.
- Experience education and networking on the Advisor level.
- Better understand how to professionally represent their institution at a conference.
1301 W. 23rd Street - Campbell Hall
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, IA 50613-3407
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Adrienne Appler at
319-273-2552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In an effort to provide a wide array of quality programs, and to share the resources and insights from each institution attending the conference, every delegation that registers for the conference is expected to submit at least one program proposal.