RA Conference Registration
Registration available through December 4, 2015.
|Individual Registration Form|
There is a large change this year due to the closing of one of our residence halls. This year, all advisors will need to stay off-site at local motels. Housing will still be provided for delegates to the conference; however, only the first 384 registered delegates will be able to be housed in our residence halls. As such, we encourage you to register early! In addition, while we cannot offset the entire cost of the off-campus expense for advisors, there will be two different fees this year. For all on-campus delegates, the cost will be $90 per person. For all advisors and any delegates that choose to stay off campus, the rate will be $75 per person. The fee includes all program sessions; breakfast, lunch and an evening dinner on Saturday; continental breakfast on Sunday; two evenings of fun-filled entertainment; housing for the $90 fee; and some fun surprises.
Registration fees are non-refundable after December 31, 2015. After that date, a same gender delegate switch is still available up until check-in time.
We are asking that you list up to thirteen delegates who want to attend the conference. You may list any additional delegates in the alternate section, with the understanding that they are in alternate status. Based on last year's numbers, we will not be able to accept alternate delegates, thus, the alternate is only there if you have someone who needs to switch due to an emergency. We have set the limit in order to accept people from as many schools as possible.
Every delegate and advisor must complete the Individual Registration form. All forms can either be signed, scanned, and sent to email@example.com prior to the conference or be signed and brought to conference check-in on January 29th. To participate in the conference, we must have a completed form on file for each delegate and advisor.
Please mail your payment to the address listed below and it should be postmarked by December 31, 2015. If you choose to pay by credit card, the link will appear at the end of your submitted registration.
In an effort to provide a wide array of quality programs, and to share the resources and insights from each institution attending the conference, every delegation that registers for the conference is expected to submit at least one program proposal.
RA Conference Participants will be able to:
- Cultivate their own personal development by presenting a conference session or participating in the case study.
- Identify multiple levels of diversity, including the ongoing development of their identity, and how to create an inclusive community.
- Gain insight into various ways to encourage and educate residents about healthy habits in relation to alcohol/substances, nutrition, stress, fitness, relationships, conflict resolution.
- Form a network of resident assistant (RA) peers.
- Identify and apply strategies in the areas of customer service, community building, motivation, leadership, conflict management, ethics, boundaries, etc.
- Explore and examine current trends and issues that college students face.
- Obtain professional development, insight, and direction if they are considering Student Affairs or related fields.
- Experience education and networking on the Advisor level.
- Better understand how to professionally represent their institution at a conference.
Mailing address for payments:
David “Schmiddy” Schmid
1501 W. 30th St. – PV 1001
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, IA 50613-9602
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact David “Schmiddy” Schmid at (319) 273-7894 or firstname.lastname@example.org.