Resident Assistants must have at least one semester of residence hall experience at UNI (or at another institution of higher education) and a minimum 2.25 cumulative grade point average at the time of employment. RAs must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative 2.25 GPA while in the RA position. RAs need to be in good behavioral standing with the university and be full-time, degree-seeking students.
- Commitment to academic excellence
- Outstanding skills in verbal and written communication, conflict resolution, creative thinking, organization and time management
- Positive attitude and commitment to being a positive member of a team
- Ability to assist diverse student populations in developing a positive community
- Commitment to leadership development
- Capacity to deal with change