Resident Assistants must have at least one semester of residence hall experience at UNI (or at another institution of higher education) and a minimum 2.25 cumulative UNI grade point average at the time of interview. RAs must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative 2.25 GPA while in the RA position. RAs must possess outstanding skills in verbal and written communication. RAs need to be in good behavioral standing with the university and be full-time, degree-seeking students.
- Commitment to academic excellence
- Skills in conflict resolution, creative thinking, organization and time management
- Positive attitude and commitment to being a positive member of a team
- Ability to assist diverse student populations in developing a positive community
- Commitment to leadership development
- Capacity to deal with change