Standards for Mathematical Practice
The Standards for Mathematical Practice are also exemplified in our Making Sense Professional Development courses, laying just another cornerstone for the key aspects of innovative mathematics instruction. The Standards for Mathematical Practice are outlined in the Common Core State Standards as the following:
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
For more information please click Common Core Standards
Common Core State Standards (2011). Standards for mathematical practice. Retrieved from www.corestandards.org