To maximize the learning potential in the Making Sense Professional Development and Special Education Math Professional Development, expectations for participants are set high. Participants will be provided opportunites to:
- Do mathematics.
- Study theories of teaching and learning.
- Experience models of effective mathematics instruction.
- Rehearse effective mathematics instruction.
- Purposefully implement effective instruction.
- Reflect on teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with and coach other educators.
- Self-assess and self-monitor learning and instruction.
- Analyze evidence of student thinking.
- Use student data (formative and summative) to guide instruction.
To learn more about how these actions will influence teacher preparedness in teaching mathematics and student achievement, please click on outcomes.