Making Sense Family Resources
Making Sense Family Resources are a series of research-based, innovative online educational resources for military families. All videos demonstrate research-based learning strategies and are accompanied by supplementary hands-on materials to further extend student learning. These videos engage families in real-life situations and have extension activities to supplement the videos.
- Thinking Aloud! Making Sense of Literacy focuses on the important areas of literacy: reading, writing, speaking, viewing, and listening.
- Problem Solved: Making Sense of Mathematics focuses on numbers and operations, geometry, measurement, algebra, data analysis and probability.
- Learning Together: Making Sense of Early Childhood focuses on opportunities to engage in learning activities with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers through every-day activities.
- Spectrum Parenting: Making Sense of the Autistic World focuses on opportunities for parents and caregivers to engage with children who are on the Autism Spectrum.
Our research-based resources empower parents with:
- strategies to optimize time spent helping their children outside the classroom
- materials that build the confidence they need to have conversations about mathematics and literacy
- ideas designed to connect the concepts children learn to life skills
- opportunities to have a positive effect on their child's academic achievements
To learn more about the Making Sense Family Resources, please contact Julie Creeden, Writing Coordinator.