Making Sense Family Messages
Our work with the Making Sense Resources is grounded in several beliefs about the value military families play in their child's education. As supporters of United States military families, we:
- believe parents are their child’s first and most influential teacher.
- honor and value the contributions military parents make to their child’s learning while their family serves our country.
- recognize that military families desire and expect high-quality learning experiences for their child in school, after school, and at home.
WAYS TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILD’S MATHEMATICS AND LITERACY LEARNING
As a child’s first and most influential teacher, there are many significant actions parents and caregivers can take each day to enhance children’s learning at home. You can:
- encourage your child in all types of learning efforts.
- look for ways to support learning during daily activities.
- talk with your child about what he or she is learning in school.
- set high expectations for your child to try hard in school, to complete homework, and to engage in learning outside of school.
- help your child develop confidence by recognizing effort and accomplishments.