It’s More Than Just Mathematics
You may think the CTLM only focuses on mathematics! But did you know:
- The CTLM has completed two distinct grant funded projects- one focused on mathematics professional development and the other on learning outside of school resources for military families.
- In conjunction with AEAs’ in southwest Iowa, the CTLM offers eight mathematics professional development courses, including a focus on numbers, operations, geometry, measurement, rational numbers, data, as well as algebra I and II.
- CTLM has established a partnership with the Waterloo schools, in which seven UNI mathematics faculty are providing instructional coaching at Cunningham and Irving elementary schools to teams of teachers.
- The CTLM provides research-based educational resources that support military families and those that serve them as a contributor to Student Online Achievement Resources (SOAR).
- As part of SOAR, the CTLM produces Making Sense Family Resources videos and supplementary educational materials (videos, activities, links, and references) for military families and their children in the areas of mathematics, literacy, and early learning. Check out the website at www.makingsenselearning.com! Contact us to inquire about an access code to use these resources!
- The Making Sense Family Resources have been adapted to meet the needs of summer campers around the world on military bases. In collaboration with Camp Adventure, the Making Sense Summer Camp Resources were piloted in 2011, with an anticipated expanded use during the summer of 2012.
- The Making Sense Family Resources have also been adapted to meet the needs of students in after school programs on and near military bases. The Making Sense After School Resources are currently being piloted at….
- In collaboration with Dr. Gretta Berghammer, in the Theatre Department, the CTLM developed a new brand of videos called Spectrum Parenting resources to assist families of children with autism.
- The CTLM broadcasted public service announcements on the Armed Forces Network focused on the importance of family engagement in their children’s education.
- The CTLM has an informative website! Check out www.uni.edu/ctlm