Making Sense Professional Development and Special Education Math Professional Development courses are committed to improving mathematics education for teachers, principals, and students. It is our goal to not only help teachers grow as educational professionals, but also to impact the daily learning experience of each student they serve.
As teachers participate in the professional development sessions, they will:
- develop a deep understanding of mathematics.
- increase Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching.
- implement practices based on the Characteristics of Effective Instruction and Standards for Mathematical Practice.
- improve instruction.
Most importantly, as a result of teacher learning and improved practice, students will be able to:
- develop a deeper understanding of mathematics,
- develop expertise in the use of specially designed instruction,
- develop expertise in the use of formative and diagnostic assessments,
- develop expertise in the use of Standards for Mathematical Practice, and
- improve achievement.
To learn more about participant expectations, please click here.