Student Social Work Association
SSWA Accomplishments for 2012-1013 academic year.
SSWA Accomplishmentsfor the 2011-2012 academic year.
President: Kaydee Vraspier
Vice President: Zenab Fathallah
Treasurer: Dina Plun
Secretary: Lizzie Martin
Faculty Advisor: Jim Hanson, Ph.D.
Visit the UNI SSWA facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNISSWA/. Students can post volunteer opportunties, ask questions of their peers and learn more about past volunteer projects.
What is the SSWA?
- The SSWA is a growing student organization from the Social Work Department full of students who want to learn more about the profession.
- The SSWA brings in speakers and organizes events that help students to become informed and active int he community and with those practicing Social Work.
Why should you join the SSWA?
To learn more about social work
- To meet others with the same interests as you
- To get involved helping others both on campus and in the community
What is the time commitment?
- The SSWA meets every week in the State College room below Maucker Union from 12:00 to 1:00 pm. The meetings last about one hour.
- You can put as much or as little time as you like into your membership. Sign-up sheets are passed around for each event and if you don't think you have the time, there is no pressure to sign up to help out. Because all of these activities are dependent upon member involvement the only thing we do ask is that if you do sign up to help at an event that you stick it out until the end, or let us know right away if something comes up.
For more information, visit UNI Student Organizations.