Registering for Spring 2014 Classes
TAPP Majors and Minors:
Course registration time is rapidly upon us. The Faculty have some recommendations and advice for all of you who will be signing up for Spring 2014 courses.
Please schedule a visit with your advisor to get registration holds removed, if necessary.
Dr. Strauss and Dr. Lynch will be happy to spend time advising you. INDEED, we really believe you should visit with your advisor. Please make an appointment to see us. It is immensely helpful if you arrive at the meeting having given serious thought to your program of study! It is not too difficult to advise yourself or prepare adequately for a meeting with us. The first, best place to begin is to review your degree audit, which can be found at "myUNIverse." It will list all the classes you must take to complete your degree and show you the ones that you have already taken.
Further information about our curriculum can be found on our Curriculum page. There you can find a four year program of study and the major's requirements.
Here's some ball park advice to pay close attention to:
- Courses that early majors and minors can/should take:
- TEXDSGN 1001Introduction to the Textile and Apparel Industry (If you have take TEXDSGN 1059, then you have fulfilled that requirement Fashion, Culture and Industry)
- TEXDSGN 1002 Introduction to Textile Materials (come to the Main Office and get on Sign-Up Sheet)
- TEXDSGN 1003 Creative Design Foundations
- An new class taught by Dr. Lynch that can serve as your required elective is TEXDSGN 1059 Fashion Show Production... it should be way interesting and fun and involves the Spring TAPP Design Show!
- The advanced Computer Applications class TEXDSGN 3008 is one you should take if you have fulfilled the prerequisite TEXDSGN 2006 Computer Design Foundations.
- For more advanced students, we recommend the following courses as they are required for graduation:
- TEXDSGN 3010 Quality Assurance in Textiles and Apparel
- TEXDSGN 3011 Fashion Trend Analysis
- TEXDSGN 3012 Apparel Product Development, Planning and Design
- TEXDSGN 4016 Apparel Product Development, Merchandising & Buying