The Psychology Department offers a psychology degree, a minor and a certificate program. The undergraduate programs are listed below:
- B.A. Psychology Major
- B.A. Psychology Minor
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology Certificate
For degree requirements, please click here.
A complete list of Psychology classes offered at UNI can be found here.
For information on the Psychology Department's Honors Program, please visit the
Declaring a Psychology Degree
- Students who wish to declare psychology as a major or minor should go to Bartlett Hall, room 1078, to fill out necessary paperwork.
- Students must have completed 9 hours of psychology courses (including Introduction to Psychology) with a minimum GPA of 2.50.
- Only psychology courses with an earned grade of C- or higher will count toward the major and minor.
- It is possible for psychology majors to graduate with departmental honors if they have an overall GPA of 3.50 or higher and complete a research project deemed worthy of honors by the department. Generally such a project is done in the context of 3 hours of PSYCH 4705, Research Experience in Psychology.
- Introduction to Psychology (PSYCH 1001) is a prerequisite for most psychology courses, and therefore must be taken by all majors and minors. It also fulfills Liberal Arts Core 5B.
- Undergraduate Advising Coordinator: Mike Gasser