Psychological Assessment Clinic
The Psychological Assessment Clinic is a not-for-profit training facility that is associated with the Clinical Science Psychology graduate (MA) program at the University of Northern Iowa. The clinic offers comprehensive, individualized assessments for all ages. Clinicians are graduate students who are supervised by clinical faculty members in the Psychology Department. Dr. Seth Brown, Dr. Elizabeth Lefler, and Dr. Sunde Nesbit are licensed clinical psychologists and faculty members at the University of Northern Iowa with specialized clinical and research interests in psychological assessment.
The clinic has three main functions:
- To offer low-cost psychological assessment services to the University of Northern Iowa, and communities in the Northeast and Central Iowa areas
- To provide professional clinical training for Clinical Science Psychology graduate students
- To support clinically relevant research projects
What we do:
Some common reasons why an individual would be assessed at this facility are:
- Evaluation of academic achievement and cognitive ability;
- Evaluation of attention and concentration difficulties;
- Evaluation of emotional difficulties
- Initial interview where the clinician will collect relevant medical, developmental, and educational history
- Testing session; appropriate tests and assessments will be administered
- Feedback meeting; the clinician will discuss conclusions and recommendations with the client
We will gladly accept referrals from healthcare and educational professionals. Please see the contact information at the bottom of the page; you may email, call, or fax referral information.
A flat rate fee of $300.00 is set for all evaluations.
All fees include complete evaluations including: testing, test scoring, report preparation, and the feedback meeting.
Cash or check are accepted as methods of payment; we do not bill insurance. For UNI students, the option is available to charge the fees to your UBILL.
For a limited number of cases per academic year, the fee can be reduced via a sliding scale depending on monthly family income and the number of dependents. In such cases, the client must present either a most recent pay stub or W2 statement.
Location and Contact Information:
Bartlett Hall, Room 89
You can easily find us by entering directly from 23rd Street through the door east of the bus stop. Turn right, walk down the ramp, and we will be directly to your right!
Parking is available directly across the street in the UNI Multi-Modal Transportation Center (parking garage).
Hours of operation vary; assessments take place by appointment. Please contact the clinic to schedule a mutually convenient time.
Phone: (319) 273-7941
Fax: (319) 273-6188