Faculty - Professor of Geography
GIS, Remote Sensing, GPS, Spatial Decision Support System, Artificial Intelligence
Ph.D. University of Edinburgh
GIS, Remote Sensing, GPS, Spatial Decision Support Systems, Artificial Intelligence for environmental planning and managemment.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
Petrov, A., and Sugumaran, R. 2005. Monitoring and Modeling Farmland Loss in Rapidly Growing Urban and Depopulating Rural Counties of Iowa Using Remotely Sensed Data and GIS. Geocarto (in Press).
Bozheva, A., Petrov, A., and Sugumaran, R. 2005. The Effect of Spatial Resolution and Classification Accuracy of Remotely Sensed Data in Dasymetric Mapping of Residential Areas. Journal GIScience & Remote Sensing (in Press)
Dung, E. J., and Sugumaran, R. 2005. Development of an Agricultural Land Evaluation and Site Assessment (LESA) Decision Support Tool Using Remote Sensing and GIS. Journal of Soil and water conservation (in Press).
3. Harken, J., and Sugumaran, R. 2005. Classification of Iowa Wetlands using an Airborne Hyperspectral Image: A Comparison of Spectral Angle Mapper (SAM) Classifier and an Object-Oriented (OO) Approach. Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing (in Press).
4. Sugumaran, R., Meyer, J., and Davis, J. 2004. A Web-Based Environmental Decision Support System (WEDSS) for Environmental planning and Watershed Management. Journal of Geographical Systems, Vol. 6: pp. 1-16.
5. Sugumaran, R., Pavuluri, M., and Zerr, D. 2003. The use of high-resolution imagery for identification of urban climax forest species using traditional and rule based classification approach. IEEE Geo-Science and Remote Sensing, Vol. 41 (9): pp. 1933-1939.
6. Sugumaran, R., Zerr, D., and Prato, T. 2002. Multi-temporal IKNONS images for local government planning and management. Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 28(1): pp. 90-95.
7. Sugumaran, R. 2002. Development of a Range Management Decision Support System using Remote Sensing, GIS and Knowledge Based System. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, Vol. 37: pp. 199-205.
8. Sugumaran, R. 2001. Evaluation of classification results from Artificial Neural Network and Maximum Likelihood classifier for IRS LISS-III sensor. Geocarto, Vol. 16(2): pp. 37-42.
9. Sugumaran, R., Davis, C.H., Meyer, J., Prato, T., and Fulcher, C. 2000. Web-Based Decision Support Tool for Floodplain Management using High Resolution DEM. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing (PE&RS), Vol. 66(10): pp. 1261-1265.
10. Sugumaran, R., Sandhya G., and Rao, K.S., Jadhav, R.N., and Kimothi, M.M. 1994. Potential of Satellite data in delineation of wastelands (mainly salt affected land) and Correlation with Ground Information. Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Vol. 22 (4): pp. 113-118.
11. Sugumaran, R., Sandhya G., Rao, K.S., Jadhav, R.N., and Kimothi, M.M. 1994. Delineation of Social forestry plantation types using IRS satellite data in Matar taluka, Gujarat. Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Vol. 22 (4): pp. 245-249.
12. Sugumaran, R., Sandhya, G., and Rao, K.S. 1994. Significance of MFP in Social Forestry delineated using Satellite Data in Matar Taluka, Gujarat State, India. Journal of Non-Timber Forest Products, Vol. 1 (3/4): pp. 226-233.
13. Pavuluri, M., Sugumaran, R., and Matsakis, P. A New Approach for Spatially Locating Misclassification Errors in the Classified Land Cover Map Using Fuzzy Decision Tree Approach. International Journal of Remote sensing (Submitted in June 2004).