Catalog 2010-2012

Withdrawal Procedure

A student who has started attending classes, and who finds it necessary to withdraw completely from school, initiates the withdrawal through the Office of the Registrar. Those students who live in residence halls must also cancel the housing contract through the hall coordinator of the residence hall in which they live. Those students receiving financial aid must contact the Office of Student Financial Aid. Students who wish to drop one or more courses and yet remain enrolled should consult the section Change of Registration.

A student who has registered but decides not to come to the University of Northern Iowa should advise the Office of the Registrar in writing at as early a date as possible of the need to cancel the registration, listing the reason(s) for withdrawing from the university. Withdrawal after classes begin will result in a tuition charge.