Advanced Studies Certificate in Superintendency
The Department of Educational Leadership and Postsecondary Education, in conjunction with Continuing and Distance Education, is proud to announce an Advanced Studies Certificate Program leading to Superintendent Certification. The program typically starts each spring semester, continuing for approximately two years, and is designed for individuals seeking endorsement in the state of Iowa as a superintendent.
This performance-based program is unique in that it minimizes student class time and maximizes on-site skill development while working with a lead mentor and mentors with special expertise. Students entering this program will be required to devote a considerable amount of time in an internship experience where work products and skills will be developed.
- Program requirements and outcomes based on the Iowa Standards for School Leaders (ISSL)
- Program completion in 2 years — 33 units of graduate credit via 8 courses and extensive internship experiences
- Program delivered one night per week during the fall and spring semesters via interactive video conferencing (such as Adobe Connect). Summer sessions may include some in-person instruction on the UNI campus. Coursework and some courses are offered entirely online using eLearning, a Blackboard learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser.
- Cohort delivery model — study with the same group of adult learners for the duration of the program
- Expand your possibilities! By enrolling in this program, you may also be able to apply for the doctoral program and have the units of credit apply toward the doctoral degree.
Read detailed program information from the UNI Educational Leadership Department to learn more.