Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (MA)
Express your interest
Please complete the online interest form to the right to express your interest in joining a TESOL MA cohort. The next cohort is scheduled to begin Summer 2013. We will use the information you provide to send you program updates, including important information about application deadlines.
Apply for admission
Applications are being accepted for the cohort beginning Summer 2013. We encourage you to apply for admission to graduate studies through the University of Northern Iowa as soon as possible.
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study (click to open application in a new window)
- Please note that you are applying for admission in the category of Degree Status for Summer 2013.
- The major for which you are applying is Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages MA (major code: 62T).
- Entrance exams are not required.
- Please follow the Checklist for Graduate Admissions.
- Note that if you have received a degree from UNI, you do not have to pay the non-refundable $50 application fee.
- International students: Please contact Linda Jernigan at email@example.com or 319-273-5925 for specific instructions.
- Submit two letters of recommendation to:
University of Northern Iowa
117 Baker Hall
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0502
What to expect
When your application for graduate study is complete, you will receive confirmation from UNI Admissions staff that they have received and forwarded your application and transcripts to the Department of Languages and Literatures for review.
The department will review your application materials and contact you about your admission status. Following admission to the program, you will be provided enrollment information as it becomes available.