Master of Arts in Education (MAE) - for teacher leaders in American International Schools
The University of Northern Iowa is proposing to offer a graduate program designed specifically for teacher leaders in American International Schools and leading to a Master of Arts in Education (MAE).* Tailored to accommodate the schedule of K-12 practicing teachers in international settings, this program is framed around the Teacher Leader Model Standards (Teacher Leadership Exploratory Consortium).
View/download a program flyer with information to share with your colleagues.
Delivery and format -- NO on-campus attendance, entirely online!
- Instruction is provided by faculty with practical and research-based experiences in leadership, international education, curriculum and educational pedagogy.
- A cohort model is utilized to provide collaborative learning for international teachers worldwide as the group of students progress through the 18-month sequence together.
- All courses are offered entirely online via eLearning and interactive video conferencing with careful consideration of international school calendars.
- The University of Northern Iowa is recognized internationally for its commitment to international education, as evidenced through its long-standing UNI Career Services Overseas Recruiting Fair and international student teaching placements.
- The program is framed around research-based teacher leader standards that lead to competencies necessary for assuming instructional and school leadership roles. Those competencies include the following domains:
- Fostering a collaborative culture to support educator development and student learning
- Accessing and using research to improve practice and student learning
- Promoting professional learning for continuous improvement
- Facilitating improvement in instruction and student learning
- Promoting the use of assessments and data for school improvement
- Improving outreach and collaboration with families and community and
- Advocating for student learning and the profession
*Transcripts to read, "Master of Arts in Education: Principalship."